How to apply for Financial Aid
If you are interested in receiving financial aid for the upcoming school year, then get ready to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA can be filled out anytime after Jan. 1, of the year you intend to enroll, although it is recommended that students and parents complete their income tax returns first. While UW-Platteville does not have a deadline for filing the FAFSA, we do have a priority date of March 15 and financial aid is given on a first-come first-served basis.
To make the process a little bit easier, consider downloading the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet prior to completing FAFSA online. This handy worksheet is optional but let’s you know what you need before you get started. Once you’ve gathered all of the necessary information and documentation, then you’re ready to begin!
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after Jan. 1
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (no charge to apply)
- List UW-Platteville (Title IV code is 003921)
- UW-Platteville’s priority date (not a deadline) for filing the FAFSA is March 15
- Students will receive an e-mail directing them to their student PASS account after their FAFSA has been filed (beginning mid-March)
Receive the Financial Aid Award Notification (beginning mid-March)
- Students will view their financial aid award information and will accept/decline through their PASS account
Visit the Financial Aid Office for additional information.
FINANCIAL AID AT UW-PLATTEVILLE
Students receiving financial aid: 74%
Average award per student: $9,179
Total aid given in 2011-12: $52 million
Scholarships awarded in 2012-13: $797,000
- Awarded to new freshman: $484,000