New Student Registration
new Student Registration
New Student Registration is a day for new students and their parents/guests to learn more about the transition to UW-Platteville. Students will also register for classes with the assistance of faculty, staff and peer advisors. NSR is your first official day as a UW-Platteville Pioneer.
Secure Your Place
To reserve a date, you will first access PASS, and use your Applicant Account User ID and password information previously sent to you from Admission and Enrollment Services. If you have misplaced this login information, please contact Admission and Enrollment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. The enrollment agreement and deposit must be completed before you will be able to access the reservation system in PASS and select a date to sign up for NSR. Instructions for completing the enrollment agreement can be found on the Admission page.
Step-by-step instructions for how to access the reservation in PASS can be found at: https://www.uwplatt.edu/admission/nsr-reservation
SIGN UP TO TAKE THE UW SYSTEM PLACEMENT TESTS
All incoming freshmen are required to take the UW System placement tests in math and English. The foreign language test is optional. Testing must be completed at least three weeks prior to attending NSR. Sign up at https://testing.wisc.edu/centerpages/regionaltesting.html.
Students are charged a $25 fee on their fall tuition bill for these tests. Unless you are taking the tests through Castle Worldwide, there should be no upfront costs for the UW-System Placement tests.
Important note about testing registration- you need to sign up for testing through the UW-System Placement testing website. Simply putting a date/location in the PASS NSR reservation system, will not register you for a testing date/location (unless you are doing residual testing).
For more information about placement testing, please go to: https://www.uwplatt.edu/academic-support/placement-testing
RESERVE A DATE TO ATTEND NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
NSR takes place during June and July, with dates filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You can reserve your date for NSR in PASS even though you haven’t taken the placement tests. To get started:
New transfer students entering UW-Platteville have the opportunity to register for courses along with the continuing students during advance registration each semester. Please visit Transfer Student Registration for more information.
The fee for NSR is $145 per student and will be deferred to the student's tuition bill. This fee covers the cost of summer and fall registration, fall orientation programs, materials, mailings, student staff and meals for the student and two guests. If additional guests attend, the cost is $15 per person payable at check-in the morning of the student's assigned NSR date.
Overnight accommodations are available for students and guests in a UW-Platteville residence hall the evening before the student's scheduled NSR date. For more information visit the NSR On Campus Overnight Accommodations.
Local hotels and motels in Platteville:
- Country Inn by Carlson: 630 South Water Street | Phone: 608.348.7373 or 800.456.4000
- Mound View Inn: 1755 East Highway 151 | Phone: 608.348.9518
- Super 8 Motel: 100 Highway 80/81 | Phone: 608.348.8800 or 800.800.8000
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will make every effort for reasonable accommodations requested by individuals with disabilities. Students as well as family and friends with special disability needs should state their request when signing up for registration. All locations used during NSR are wheelchair accessible. Requests are confidential. Contact Academic Support Programs at 608.342.1081 or email@example.com.
What happens at New Student Registration?
Overview of registration process
Campus life and information sessions with current student peer advisors
Campus ID photo taken
Initiate official campus account including email
Dining Services, Financial Aid and Student Housing sessions for parents and guests
Campus Resource Fair (and lunch)
Meetings with faculty advisors
Transition and Student Success sessions
Registration for fall semester classes
Optional campus tours
For full details view the NSR schedule.
REMINDERS FOR THE DAY OF New Student REGISTRATION
• Check-in: 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. in the lower level of Ullsvik Hall.
• Parking: You may park in any commuter parking lot (recommended lots: 4,6,9 and 26 -- no parking pass needed) or on the street (observe posted signs for restrictions). Driving directions may be found here: http://www.uwplatt.edu/admission/visit. Campus and parking maps are available at: https://www.uwplatt.edu/explore/maps.
• Clothing: Wear casual clothes and comfortable walking shoes. Bring an umbrella or raingear if needed. We suggest dressing in layers, as air-conditioned buildings may be cold.
• Photo I.D.: Students must bring a photo I.D. to receive an official username and password.
Still have questions?
Students will choose one day to attend.
- Monday, June 12
- Tuesday, June 13
- Wednesday, June 14
- Thursday, June 15
- Friday, June 16
- Monday, June 19
- Tuesday, June 20
- Wednesday, June 21
- Thursday, June 22
- Friday, June 23
- Monday, July 10
- Tuesday, July 11
- Wednesday, July 12
- Thursday, July 13
- Friday, July 14
- Submit enrollment deposit and contract.
- Sign up for a date to take the UW System placement tests.
Reserve a date to attend NSR.
- You can sign up for NSR before you take the placement tests.
- Sign up early, sessions fill quickly.
Take the UW System English and math placement tests.
- Foreign language test is optional.
- Don't forget to bring a photo ID!
- Send official scores and transcripts.