- Academic Intervention
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Advisor Resources
- Transfer Students
- New Student Registration
- Parent Support
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Placement Testing
- Student Academic Success Seminars
- Student Advising Resources
- Success Resources
- Academic Support Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
First Year Experience
|new student registration|
The Mission of the First Year Experience (FYE) program...
- A student’s first year at UW-Platteville is an opportunity to explore and develop an individual’s identity and future direction.
- The university is committed to creating a safe environment conducive for learning, engagement, and personal growth. To chart a pathway for success, each student will embark on an individual journey to explore and complete a degree.
- The Academic Support Program (ASP) is dedicated to creating opportunities for students to develop academic and social skills that are necessary to successfully complete this journey.
Several of the opportunities available through FYE include:
- One-on-one conversations with Academic Coaches that can help students with tips on time management, utilizing a planner, talking to professors and more.
- UWP Study 1010 – required for first year students who hold less than 30 college credits and are not agribusiness, biology or engineering majors. This one-credit course covers topics in academic success skills, time management, diversity, campus resources, and university academic policies.
- Academic Intervention- This program allows faculty and staff who are concerned about a student's academic progress to connect these students with FYE staff for academic coaching. Family members interested in connecting their students with services should email the FYE office.
- Student Academic Success Seminars – peer led presentations on a variety of topics.
- The Parent Connection – a newsletter providing specific monthly information for parents to help their student transition to their new role as a college student. Sign up here.
- First Year 5 – a newsletter providing valuable tips and hints for first year students
- FYE holds a wide variety of events, click on the calendar to view of all of those events, times and locations
- Campus Resources- students are encouraged to "Find their 5", to help them on their path to success. This can be a person (like an advisor or faculty member), a place (like Academic Support Programs), or even a group (think organization) that they connect with during their time at UW-Platteville.
- Success Tips are available to help students be their most successful while on campus.
Academic Support Programs
3rd floor Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Check out all of the Academic Support Program Resources!