- Academic Intervention
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Advisor Resources
- Transfer Students
- New Student Registration
- Parent Support
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Placement Testing
- Student Academic Success Seminars
- Student Advising Resources
- Success Resources
- Academic Support Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Academic Support Programs provides academic and personal assistance to those students who have not yet decided on an academic major. Academic Support Programs also serves as a referral and resource site for those students who may be unsure of their declared major and is open to all students enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
Students who have a declared major will see an advisor in their department. Your assigned advisor will show on your Student Center in PASS. Academic advising is a collaborative process between advisors and students.
The mission of the UW-Platteville academic advising program is to provide a supportive atmosphere which promotes the educational and professional development of the student.
Effective advising encourages students to become self-sufficient in making decisions and solving problems as they complete their college education.
Effective advising results in students who can:
- Use tools and resources that support efficient academic planning, scheduling and registration;
- Enroll in courses in an appropriate sequence to complete their academic program in a timely manner;
- Satisfy the graduation requirements for Core Education and for their academic program(s);
- Familiarize themselves with Student Rights and Responsibilities;
- Make appropriate educational and career decisions;
- Solve problems that may occur as they move through their academic program; and,
- Advocate on their own behalf.
Academic Support Programs
3rd floor Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Check out all of the Academic Support Program Resources!