Proper Etiquette for Mealtime Interviews, Business Meetings, and Social Events
Fall 2016 Professional Etiquette Event
Wednesday, November 9
5–7 p.m. Nohr Gallery,
Practice your communication skills
Build relationships and contacts with professionals in your field
Network for internships, co-ops, and full-time jobs
Thanks to the generosity of corporate sponsorship, you can enjoy a four-course meal for free, while meeting professionals in your field of study. It's a great opportunity to network and polish your professional etiquette. Freshmen through seniors are welcome to register for the event.
During the 4-course meal, students have the chance to:
- Network for internships, co-ops and full-time jobs
- Exchange business cards (we make them for you)
- Learn proper dining etiquette with each course of the meal
- Socialize with your peers and business leaders
Corporate sponsorship allows for this event to be free of charge to UW-Platteville students.
fall 2016 Corporate Sponsors
• AXA Advisors
• Esterline AVISTA
• Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
• JT Engineering, Inc
• Kimberly-Clark Corporation
• Northwestern Mutual
• School-Pak, Inc.
• Strand Associates, Inc.
• The Sherwin-Williams Company
*Foremost Farms can no longer attend the event.
typical Etiquette event menu
- Mixed Green Salad
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Breast with Hunter Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and Honey Glazed Carrots, Crusty Baguettes
- Chocolate and Marble Layer Cake
Coffee, Iced Tea, and Water
* Vegetarian meal and any special dietary needs are available upon request at time of registration.
• Log into the Pioneer Career Network (PCN)
• Select the "Career Fairs and Workshops" menu at the top of the page
• Click on "Professional Etiquette Event"
• Click on the "Register for Event" button