- Career Search Resources
- Major & Career Exploration
- Your Career Timeline
- PCN Access
- Campus Interviews
- Employer Information Sessions
- Career Fair
- Résumé and Cover Letter Review
- Mock Interviews
- Professional Etiquette Event
- Internships and Co-ops
- Education Majors: Helpful Resources
- Graduate School Information
Upcoming On-Campus Interviews
- You can access more specifics on interviews you qualify for through your PCN account.
- Please check your schedule carefully to avoid conflicts when scheduling a campus interview. Remember, a scheduled interview is a business appointment made between you and the employer.
Cancellation and No SHOW PolicY
Interview Cancellation Policy
Students may freely change an interview time or cancel an interview using Pioneer Career Network (PCN) as long as it is done two business days in advance of the interview date (two business days = Monday–Friday; 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m.). This allows time for an alternate to sign up in that interview slot and prepare for that interview.
Students may NOT cancel an interview with less than two business days notice (two business days = Monday–Friday; 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m.), except in the case of an emergency or severe illness. Students must contact the ACAC at 608.342.1183 as soon as possible, so we can attempt to find an alternate to fill the interview slot.
Cancelling an interview with short notice or not showing up to an interview:
- deprives a fellow student the opportunity to interview with that employer
- wastes the time of the employer who has spent their limited resources traveling to UW-Platteville to conduct interviews
- reflects poorly on UW-Platteville on the whole and can damage the long-term relationship between UW-Platteville and that employer
|You may freely cancel an interview through the Pioneer Career Network...||...if the interview is more than two calendar days away|
|You must contact the ACAC immediately at 608.342.1183...||...if you need to cancel within two calendar days of your interview (only permitted in cases of emergency or severe illness)|
Late cancellations (less than two business days notice) will not be tolerated. If this situation occurs, it is the student's responsibility to do one of the following:
- Speak personally with the employer representative and explain why he/she will not be attending the interview.
- In the event of a late cancellation, the student is required to send an apology letter to the interviewer via e-mail no later than three (3) business days after the date of the interview. The written apology should be a professional letter and it must explain the circumstances that caused the late cancellation. A copy of the apology must be provided to the ACAC either via hard copy or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Contact information for the company recruiter may be obtained from staff in the ACAC by calling 608.342.1183.)
Interview No Show Policy
Not showing up for an interview is rude, denies other UW-Platteville candidates an opportunity to interview, and jeopardizes our positive relationship with recruiters. In the case of an emergency, students need to explain situation to the ACAC staff as soon as possible (608.342.1183). DO NOT SEND AN E-MAIL in this situation.
Rationale for the Missed Interview Policy
When conducting a job search it is critical for UW-Platteville students to recognize that they are also preparing to become workplace professionals. Thus, it is important to conduct business with potential employers in a professional fashion; including through voicemail messages, phone calls, letters, e-mails, resumes, and interviews. The impressions you make will be lasting ones; favorable or not-so-favorable.
Employers invest substantial time and money in their recruitment efforts and it is a privilege to have them come to our campus. When a student misses a scheduled interview, it impacts the employer, other students, and the reputation of the university. UW-Platteville places the highest values on our students and employers, so any negative impact to either causes us great concern. Canceling an on-campus interview within 48-hours of the interview MUST be approved by an ACAC staff member.