Handicap Parking Permit
- The University Police provides a temporary ten-day handicap permit. If a permit is needed for a longer period of time the individual will have to apply with the Department of Transportation. The University Police will not extend a ten-day handicap permit.
- The University Police may require a doctor’s written evaluation before issuing a temporary handicap permit. Which would need to be written on their letterhead and include the individuals name, that they need a handicap permit, and for how long.
- The temporary handicap permit is free if you have a university permit or $10 for 10 days.
- The University Police reserves the right to place restrictions on any temporary handicap permit issued.
- The temporary handicap permit is only valid in university parking lots.
- If you have a state or temporary handicap permit you may park in any handicap stall without a university permit.
Visitor Parking Permit
- A university staff/student may obtain an overnight permit.
- Athletic Group ~ If you are leaving with an athletic team you will need to see your coach for a permit.
- Staff ~ You may apply if you are leaving on a university sponsored conference/trip.
- Students ~ The department secretary, faculty member, or club/group advisor will need to apply for a permit for you and/or your group. They may also email the firstname.lastname@example.org informing our department of your name and the university sponsored trip so that you can apply for the permit.
- This permit allows the bearer to park in lot 7a ONLY.
- This permit is valid in lot 7a only during the "from and expired date" on the permit.
- This permit is void and the vehicle subject to parking citations if any information is left blank on the permit.
- This permit must be properly displayed or a parking citation will be issued.
- University Parking regulations are available by clicking here.
- A vendor or a company servicing the university may receive a service parking permit. This parking permit will have a yearly expiration. You may reapply during the month of your expiration to renew your permit.
- A service vendor who drives a clearly marked business vehicle will not be required to display a parking permit.
- If the original parking permit is lost, the vendor or company will be required to purchase a replacement permit.
- A company contracted by the Physical Plant should consult with the Physical Plant administration regarding parking arrangements. The company may receive a contractor parking permit, which is issued by the Physical Plant.
- Coach ~ You will need to see Kara McCarville for your overnight parking permits for the current trip.
- Student ~ If your "athletic group" is leaving for an away game, please see your coach for the overnight permit.
- The Facilities Department contractor parking permits may be requested thru the Police Department using the Facilities parking permit form.
- The Chancellor parking permits may be requested thru the Police Department using the Chancellor's parking permit form.
Pioneer Patron Parking Permits
- Retired faculty and staff that have been awarded Emeritus status may apply for a Staff Parking Permit at no cost.
- The permit must be displayed while parking in a university lot or a citation will be issued for non-display.
- If the original permit is lost, stolen, or damaged, the permit holder will be required to purchase a replacement.
- The permit must be renewed before August 31st of every year.
Pioneer Activity Center Members
- Community members who purchase a membership to the Pioneer Activity Center may purchase a Parking Permit. The same restrictions apply to Pioneer Activity Center Members that apply to Commuter Permit holders.