Welcome to the Department of Mathematics at University of Wisconsin -
We are part of the College of Engineering,
Mathematics, and Science and offer a wide variety of mathematics
courses. The mathematics program consists of four different major options: Mathematics Major, Mathematics Major in Secondary Education, Mathematics Major with an Emphasis in Actuarial Studies, and Mathematics Major with an Emphasis in Finance. We also offer three different minors: Mathematics Minor, Mathematics Minor in Secondary Education, and Mathematics Minor for Middle Level Teachers. Further details about these majors and minors can be found by clicking on the “ Prospective Students ” link to your right. In addition to we offer courses to support both the general-education requirements
of the University and the major and minor programs of other departments.
Currently, we have over 24 full-time faculty members and approximately 8
instructors, who have diverse interests in teaching and research.
We offer 4 different options for the major and 3 minors:
- Major in Mathematics (B.S. degree)
- Major in Mathematics in Secondary Education
- Major in Mathematics with an Emphasis in Actuarial Studies (B.S. degree)
- Major in Mathematics with an Emphasis in Finance (B.S. degree)
- Minor in Mathematics
- Minor in Mathematics in Secondary Education
- Minor in Mathematics for Middle School